Friday, October 24, 2008

A story :)

Let me tell you a short story.

Geneva is known as the diplomatic capital of the world.

Politicians, nobel laureates and scientists from all over the world converge in this city.

And that mostly happen at the Palais des Nations.

Which is the house of the United Nations in Geneva.

In front of the UN office, there is a giant wooden three legged chair,
the fourth leg is broken in half.


So, basically, it is a three and a half legged chair.

That chair is a reminder to everyone who passes by it that even today landmines kill and maim people, including little children, all over the world.

Everyday I have to pass by that chair, either when I go to the UN or to my school.

And everyday I get the goosebumps.

In the last 8 months in Geneva,

YOU are the second reason for my goosebumps.

End of story.

No comments: