Sunday, March 9, 2008

23rd

Yesterday was possibly the most beautiful day ever.. Felt so loved and happy all day...
I thought I was going to die after Friday evening's rehearsals and the drive back home and all.. And I was so scared something was bound to go wrong yesterday with the dances as well.. But I couldn't have asked for anything better and I wouldn't have wanted it any different, except maybe the un-glam moments in the morning.. Haha

I went to sleep on Friday night after all the wishes and all and suddenly woke up to someone saying 'Rashmi, Happy Birthday'.. I woke up to stare at Vasaantha's and Sasi's face.. I was so stunned that I couldn't register what they were holding in their hand.. I mistook the little cake for a jewellery box and had to look at it for a while first before realising.. Then Vas told me to go wash up and I obediently listened.. When I came out of the toilet, I was met with the sight of Vic scampering around in my room and I was more confused and then Bhavani popped out with a cake and led me to the living room.. Then I saw Anan and Vjay join the group.. I was really really surprised.. I mean these people set alarms at 4.30am to wake up and get me my McDonald's breakfast that I was craving for for the last few months and get the cake and turn up under my block and coordinate the plans with my mum.. Seriously.. I was really touched.. Thank you guys..

After Bhavani and the boys left to catch some sleep, the girls and I were slacking around, chit-chatting and snapping more unglamorous shots.. I was just glad that I was decently dressed when I went to bed on Friday night.. I cannot imagine the embarrassment if I wasn't.. But still my 'just-out-of-bed' look is quite disturbing.. Please girls, next time, a little more warning.. haha

Then I got the shock for the day.. Went to Sunplaza to get a little something for the little kids and met Vimal there who said I would need his gift during the show.. He was sweet enough to actually turn up in pink.. :) But the present... I still think your mad.. Really.. Just be glad you weren't in front of me when I opened it.. This way, you only got me demanding answers over the phone.. And although I was honestly really touched by it to think about what I would like to get sometime and all, I still think your crazy.. Really.. Don't try to convince me otherwise.. not working.

We rushed down to DBS, late as usual.. Practised our dance once.. Forgot the kids' umbrellas, ran around the changing room asking aunties for umbrellas.. Managed to settle everything.. got into costumes that left us looking like sacks of potatoes.. ended up looking like village girls gone wrong and finally did our dance.. Poor Priya did so well with her sprained neck.. And Im so relieved that dance had no screw ups like I feared.. I got a birthday kiss from each little kid and I was rushed off to change for the next item.. The Daandiya was really fun.. We were all playing on stage and having fun.. Preeti and I were practically laughing throughout.. And we pulled it off :) .. I was so glad that it went well.. Anan proved to be such an angel to come in last minute and learn that whole piece in a day and pull off the whole thing.. Really really good..

After everything, we all just hung around outside the audi talking.. met Divyah chechi, Geeta and Sailesh.. Saw the little 'R' pendant they got me.. So sweet.. Was nice seeing them all there.. Then Bhavani turned up and came to talk.. I was so caught up in conversation with these people that I didn't realise what was happening behind.. I was stunned when I heard people singing Happy Birthday and turned to see a cake lit up for me.. I was so shocked.. Suchitra aunty actually took the trouble amidst the rush to bake me a cake.. I was soo touched.. And the cake was just amazing.. Really really sweet of her..

Then these people actually got my mum's permission to take me out after the show for dinner and promised her that I won't be late.. We all headed down to Chomp Chomp at 11 or so and had dinner.. It was beautiful.. Surrounded by people you adore, just sitting down casually and sharing food and drinks.. Nothing beats that feeling.. I feel truly blessed and lucky..

Thank you so much guys..

Thank you guys for this really memorable surprise.. I am so touched and you guys really made my day.. For all the wishes, all the love and all the efforts.. For losing sleep and driving me around.. For taking time.. For the way you guys did it all.. For assuring my mum.. For coordinating everything.. And all of you who danced, thank you for that as well.. The weekly practises are memories worth cherishing on their own.. Vic darling, I know you took a lot of trouble getting through my mum with my ever-engaged line.. Thank you baby.. I know you were having exams and all.. But you still took the effort.. I appreciate it.. Meant a lot.. And Vas and Sasi, you guys actually woke up early and came over with that tiny cake and even had to walk to that ulu Mac near your place.. Thank you.. Sai and Preeti.. You guys really made my day throughout the time at the audi, dressing and applying make-up and laughing and joking together.. Thank you.. Vjay, Anan and Bhavani for driving down so early from NTU and Woodlands.. For taking the effort and losing sleep, for the dinner pland, for the vouchers and for being such sweethearts.. Thank you.. Menuri, for the sweet gesture and for helping out at the show.. Divyah Chechi, Geeta, Sailesh and Gehe for actually coming down for the show.. Vicknesh for shocking me out of my wits with your rendition of 'All the raindrops'... Selva, for the sweet message that touched me early in the morning, Vimal for traumatising me with your extremely thoughtful gift, the spongebob drawing and coming down for the show and being stuck in the awkward moments after the show.. Suchitra Aunty for so sweetly baking a cake amidst the rush..Ganesh for almost missing my birthday.. Haha, but it was sweet.. Vijay for the e-mail and smses and the birthday song.. I was truly touched, thank you.. And Sudhir for calling from the causeway..That was totally unexpected.. All you guys, love ya loads.. And all the others who smsed and called.. Love ya all.. My 23rd was truly special thanks to all of you.. ***BIG wet kiss***

No comments: