Monday, August 13, 2007

KL and Back

Finally I'm back... Feels like i've been away for eons.. I have never been happier being back home.. That was the most disappointing trip ever.. Saw a side of certain people that I never knew existed.. Saw how people can go to extremes to curry favour other people.. Saw how different people can be in different situations.. And nope, it's not just me.. The others felt it too and that was why we all sat down and prayed for rain on the night of the show and we all backed out of the performance the following day.. Cuz we had been hurt so badly.. The only good thing that happened was the times we spent together in the hotel, the photos we took in our most 'unglamorous' moments, the photo in the cupboard which broke the cupboard and had Padmini and Vimala fall flat laughing.. haha.. Also the times sitting down in Ramli Ibrahim's balcony in our full costume staring at the laser lighting in the sky and making stupid comments with Sivhanyaa that had us all holding our sides in laughter.. Running away afrom the annoying 5 dogs and 2 cats that were let loose in his house.. These are memories with the girls i would always cherish but the ugly side of things are better forgotten and all I can say is I'm glad we are back.. Pravitha, Sivhanyaa, Padmini, Kasturi, Vimala and Hari.. You guys made this trip worthwhile and whatever else happened, at least we have our memories to look back on and be glad that no matter what screw ups we faced, we stuck together and were there together .. :) *hugz*

After the performance I was practically dragged back to Velliacha's place cuz the taxi driver couldn't wait and so there I was, in the full splendour of the costume, without even time to remove my anklets, travelling to his house.. But I thought it was fine cuz it was like almost midnight and there wouldnt be anybody waiting up.. But no, I was in for a shock.. We pulled up to the house only to see Chechi's in-laws, Naveen Chetta, Pravind Chetta, Ranju Chechi and the uncles and aunties all sitting down and having a barbeque.. I was praying the Earth would just open up and swallow me there and then.. Oh my God!! That was utterly embarrassing and they made me snap pictures with them in that stupid green ugly costume.. Aaargh!!!!

Met little Rohit the next day.. Soooo cute.. He is my nephew but he made my day by calling me 'Chechi' and refusing to call me 'Cheriyamma'.. :) It's always really adorable when little kids are just learning how to talk and they get their words mixed up and tend to use actions to explain themselves.. We had lunch at some seafood restaurant cuz Velliacha was so insistent that he wants to take me out somewhere.. then went visiting at a few houses before heading to The Curve for some quick shopping, although we didn't have much time.. And the highlight of the whole evening was Sandhya Chechi and Naveen Chetta getting Velliacha to make sure I got permission to go clubbing with them.. He made sure my grandma and mum didnt have any means of contacting me so that I would be able to have some time out alone without them always checkin on my whereabouts.. And we left. They both knew i'd be uncomfortable clubbing so that was more of an excuse to get me out alone without anyone else tagging as they knew I was suffocating and needed to talk to them both about certain issues.. Issues that i didn't know who else to talk to about.. So we drove down to Waikiki, a small club nearby and got a drink each and just stood in a corner talking and just watching people come in and out.. When it started getting a bit too cramped we drove down to a coffee house and resumed our conversation there.. It was nice to see how they both cared so much for my welfare, how they both wanted the best for me, even Naveen Chetta whom I have never spoken to before this.. Guys, I love you both.. Muakz!

After all the advice and talking and all, we finally went home and hit the bed only to wake up to Rohit again the following day.. Haha.. and then we came back.. Finally.. And I must say, never have I been more relieved to be in my room :)

No comments: