Thursday, December 13, 2007

Triple surprise

Finally the party is over.. After days of slaving away in preparation for it.. I do admit, there were disappointments and misunderstandings and sadness in between but the whole thing went well.. So cute the way my aunty had no clue the party was for her as well and was keenly helping me out with the plans and keeping it from my mum.. The look of shock on her face when the kids ran out with her gift.. And the smiles that broke onto their faces when they ripped open the paper bags and found each gift inside that had some memory to them.. I think my uncle was really taken aback by the pretty cake we got them for their anniversary as well.. And how we worried the food wouldn't be enough but they all were stuffed and couldn't move by the time they finished their meal..

Neelu and I slaved alot for today but at the end of it all, it was so worthwhile.. The madness before the party was indescribable.. Shopping for last minute items, carrying so many grocery bags in the scorching heat of the sun, coming all the way to our block only to realise both the stupid lifts were out of order and we had to climb the whole ten flights of stairs home.. Once we crawled home, we couldn't even rest a bit since we were short of time.. The cutting and chopping and on the spot invention of dishes was crazy.. The pasta that
cheated our feelings.. haha.. The pile of potatoes that never seemed to get smaller, the chilli that seemed to want to burn your taste buds with the spiciness, the honeydew sago that didnt have the honeydew, the mushrooms that splattered oil from the pan at us, it was all madness.. The highlight was when Neelu unknowingly scooped an entire ladleful of boiling bubbling gravy onto my already damaged wrist.. I think I saw the stars, the moon and the universe all at once! Haha poor girl felt so guilty that she started looking for ice cubes to soothe the burn. Poor thing.. :) Anyway I'm just glad everyone had a good time and they were all smiles when they went back.. I don't think they were expecting so much planning when I called them up.. They were pretty taken aback. Haha..

My favourite shot..This is a bad shot...Anniversary cakeBirthday cakeThe best aunt and uncleThe surprised sistersAfter they successfully managed to break the knife while cutting the cake.. ;)I told them to look at the camera and not the mirror behind..HaizThis was her idea.. Not mine.. Really...

No comments: