Friday, February 1, 2008

Bundle of joy?

I always believed that children are God's gifts and there is nothing more beautiful than watching your little kid asleep, or having a child fall asleep on you, or watching them take their first few steps, or seeing their faces break out into a wide smile when they see you enter the house after work or something.. Having them run up to you to be carried or realising how vulnerable and dependent they are on you is enough to melt anyone..

I don't understand how someone can bear to part with their kid because they feel the expenses are too high.. How they can leave their kid with their family overseas because they both are working and cannot look after the kid.. I don't get it.. How do you come home after that knowing that the familiar smiling face that was ever ready to greet you is no longer there? How do you go through your mornings knowing that the usual alarm clock that would start calling out for you is not there? How do you fall asleep at night knowing your baby is sleeping elsewhere? I don't think it's a valid excuse. I mean if you are working, then think of a way to manage.. Why have kids then if you can't? Why bring a kid into the world if you cannot offer the child your complete love or be able to show responsibility for the kid? What is more important than that child who needs you?

Ok, you know what.. I'm just really carried away by emotions for this.. I guess it's cuz I just played with the baby and carried her and stuff.. To each, his own opinions.. I'm off..

No comments: