Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Terrible start

I think this must be my worst new year ever.. Really..

I had a feeling something was going to go wrong when I felt my right eye twitching all day.. Superstitions, perhaps.. But it was true...

I felt so exhausted by the end of dance and dressing up and dragging myself out for the family evening at Clarke Quay for the countdown was a chore on its own.. Never had I dreaded the countdown more.. After the countdown, we headed home while brother and Lavin decided to hang out longer, despite the protests from the mothers.. All was well till we came home.. I sat down and watched TV.. Somehow I just couldn't sleep.. I finally dozed off at about 3.40am and my brother wakes me at 4.15am or so.. He told me he had something to talk to me about and I sat up.. I got the shock of my life.. Rethish had left Clarke Quay early for some reason and decided to just get supper with Prem and left Lavin behind with his friends.. Lavin proceeded to MOS with his camp mate and while partying, some fight broke out there.. Lavin was innocently dancing on the first floor while the fight was on the second and things started flying around.. People started hurling ice cubes and stuff and suddenly, a glass bottle that flew from the second floor landed smack on Lavin's (bald) head and smashed.. The poor boy didn't even have a part in that fight and he was injured badly.. i suppose his skull must have cracked with the force.. The shards of glass cut his face in many places and he was bleeding.. I don't know how the hell he managed to withstand the immense pain.. I would have collapsed for sure.. He called Rethish to tell him what happened and Rethish began to panic and woke me.. I have NEVER felt so helpless in my life.. No means of getting to Lavin.. All we could do was call my aunty.. I felt like crap.. Didn't know how to get to GH.. No car.. Nobody we could get a car from for a few hours.. Terrible taxi fares we couldn't settle.. We just had to stay home and wait till morning.. Never had I felt this helpless.. I felt tears as I imagined Lavin all alone in the ambulance, bleeding and not being able to be there with him.. It was a horrible horrible night.. I only managed to fall asleep at around six plus and awoke by 8.30am.. Called aunty and found out he cracked his head.. Got stitches for that.. Scratched his face in many places and cracked the area around the bridge of his nose and received stitches for that too.. Poor guy.. Really.. I just wish these terrible things would stop happening to him.. He really doesn't deserve any of it..

Terrible terrible New Year.. Worst ever...

No comments: