Saturday, September 29, 2007

Aunties

I think I have been spending more time at the shelter than I do at home these days.. As weird as it sounds, I think I'm going to start missing that shelter, for several reasons actually.. :) Yesterday was madness though.. I reached the shelter at 6.15pm but the guys only arrived at about 9.00pm and then prac started.. And right now, my back is killing me.. Neelu's massage didn't seem to work much.. Haha, poor kid.. She attempted a massage with an injured finger.. Oh well.. Hopefully the pain subsides..

You know what's annoying? Seeing a bunch of aunties around in a group... No, actually it isn't seeing them, they are all really nice aunties.. The problem is when you make an entrance right into the midst of all these aunties.. They start calling you to sit next to them and start asking you what you're doing now, where you're working or what your last qualifications were.. They ask you how old you are and you can actually see them formulating plans and rapidly processing this new found information at the back of their minds and you know immediately that your reaction should be to run.. Cuz you can tell what else will come up..

It's not that I'm against all this.. As much as alot of people feel that arranged marriages aren't the best and that they would all prefer the magical feeling of being in love and getting married to 'the one', I personally don't feel it's all that bad.. I mean, of course marrying your one true love is ideal and all but I think there is a different kind of beauty in an arranged marriage.. There is a new beginning throughout the process.. There is something new you learn each day and I like the feeling of getting to know that person with the approval of all around you and trying to see how you both fit in together.. I like the excitement of trying to figure out this new person who is suddenly a part of your life, whom you suddenly unconsciously begin to think of when you make plans, when you make decisions, when you think of home.. Oh well, I suppose I sound slightly crazy right now.. haha.. I'm not against this.. In fact I'm really agreeable with all this but not now.... It's just too much now.. i was okay with all this arrangements the last few months but right now, I don't know why but I keep pushing away the proposals.. I just lost the interest and I just want a break.. The aunties somehow don't understand it.. Oh well, as long as they still listen when I say I'm not interested, all is well I guess.. :)

Anyway, got to leave for dance now.. Sad, but true.. On a Saturday morning and perhaps later if everything works out fine, I'll go to SGH for the blood donation, though I still don't understand how O+ bloog group has a fall in reserves.. Weird..

No comments: