Sunday, September 2, 2007

Onam :)

I know it's been a while.. Really really long while since I blogged.. Terribly busy week... Onam and dance and work and everything together was a mad rush.. But the advantage was that the week flew by.. Yay!!

Monday was Onam and I must say it was really nice.. Took the day off work and stayed back to entertain the constant flow of people who kept coming in, to keep refilling the cookie trays, to just be around all the people who mean so much.. This year I kept the friends list pretty short.. Mostly the girls only with a few of the guys who have always made it.. Simple but meaningful I guess.. It was really fun, all the laughter and jokes and all.. And how can I forget Bhavani's entertaining stories or Vic's momenrt of embarrassment when my mum does a sudden intro of her and Shahul.. Haha.. And the sweetest part was of course seeing Baby Nikkita frownin away in her sleep and disturbed by the noise and chatter around her.. Haha so cute.. prem is yet to send me her pics.. Meanwhile here are some snaps.. Vic, I know you've been wanting them, here goes..
The girls..Vic and me.. I still dun understand your idea of holding hands, girl.. hahaSailu and me :)A very very candid shot to test out the 'flower' light effects.. hahaokok.. I'm cheating.. This wasn't Onam.. but i like this pic.. taken after a loooong time :)
Had the performance today.. Finally.. after weeks of practices.. My dear girls, Sai, Bhavani and Sunitha.. Thanks a bunch for coming down and helping out... It was so fun with you guys around.. Thinking of steps, learning together, almost toppling on stage, looking stupid in the costume together, munching on oreos while waiting, making sudden grand entrances and exits on stage in front of a live audience TWO TIMES (k, that wasn't exactly fun).. Travelling together, dressing together, sharing life stories and going shopping.. We should do this more often :) Love ya guys.. Muaks! And also a huge thank you to Shiv, Geeta and Minori for actually taking the effort to come all the way down to give support.. You guys rock! :)

Sailu and me - Before.. attempting some last minute adjustmentsAfter-we swore this would be the first and last.. Hahapurple and orangeWith the adorable kutties
This pic was just tooooo adorable.. Ganga and Priya
Meharuba, meharuba.....


Ok.. I think that's all I have for now and uploading is annoyingly slow.. :)

I wish things didn't turn out this way.. I wish I could make you see how I really felt instead of being at a loss to let you know.. I wishe now that I hadn't let myself dream and I wish I could wake up and see it was all but a dream.. Oh well, whoever said life was easy? :) All I want to say is that I appreciate everything that was there so far and thank you for alowing me to have a dreamy few months..I would always remember this fondly..Hope you're having a good time at home.. :)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We look likewe r getting married..hiaz!its pretty sad...

Hasler said...

Yea true. Life is indeed not easy. Its not wrong to dream but its wrong to stop wanting what you dream. Like what i believe in...its alright to fall down but its never right to stay down. Hope you understand what I'm trying to say here.

Anonymous said...

[hasler] -yes i do understand.. thanks.. i will definitely not stay down.. but i know ill take a while to stand up... :) but i'll get there eventually..

[vic] its all ur fault