Sunday, October 7, 2007

Birthday Again :)

So it was someone's birthday yesterday.. :) Someone had a 21st and I hope it was a blast and one that you'll remember for a long time to come.. Sorry I wasn't there.. You know I would have loved to be there but at the same time, you also know why I wasn't.. That's the speciality we share.. You will know exactly why I do certain things without having the need to explain.. You don't doubt me.. You understand why I do what I do and I can tell you things openly without fearing what you'd think or say.. For all that and more, thank you.. Here's to many more years of friendship..

I still remember how I first knew you.. How I couldn't stand talking to you online cuz all you ever did was pick squabbles with me or call my brother and ask him to inform me that I was going to screw up my 'O' Level papers..I remember how I used to be so annoyed talking to you and how often I used to wonder what I did to you that you were so intent on fighting with me.. And then one day, things changed and we decided to be civil and that made all the difference cuz look where it's brought us.. :) You're one person who has seen so many sides of me, who has seen me change, watched me grow and been there through the years and stood by me through my tears.. I still remember how lost you were when I flopped down on the stairs at Dhoby Gaut MRT and started crying and all the people around kept giving you looks thinking you were the cause of my distress.. I also remember how you kept in mind that I love Hershey's cookies and cream and got one and sent it for me through my brother on my birthday with a tiny card( i still have that card btw) I remember the time you agreed to come help me out for a photo shoot and how you never complained despite the embarrassment we put you through.. haha.. Or the time we had the telematch and we influenced you to sign up for the balloon bursting game.. And how you got us both lost at Tampines after the show by getting me on the wrong bus and even being delighted by the fact that the bus was empty ( the bus was empty cuz we took it from the wrong side.. thanks ah...) And how will I ever forget the times at BK and watching 'The Tale of Two Sisters' all the way till the end only to realise that we both hadn't a clue as to what the plot was about.. The memories with you are so precious and I'm glad for the friendship we share.. For the times you call me, the times you agree to pick me up from dance class, the times we PLAN to meet up and the laughetr you bring to my life.. Thank you for being the person you are and thank you for letting me be who I am when I'm around you.. Happy Birthday, darling! You know who you are.. Hope you had a great party!! By the way, you owe me an evening.. I'm taking you out.. Let me know when, ok? :) *hugz*

No comments: