Thursday, October 4, 2007

A Dedication to Vas

Today is a very special day.. The day a really special angel was born.. An angel whom I cannot do without.. An angel who has tuaght me so much, on giving, on selflessness, on friendship, on sincerity.. The angel whom I can always count on no matter what and never hold back from.. Vasaantha darling, happy birthday!!!!

I am so sorry I won't be able to hang out with you or do something really special for you these few days cuz of all the family functions and occassions but darling, you have no idea how badly I want to make this as memorable for you as possible.. And I hope the small little something planned out for later will make a small difference to your day.. :)
Vasaantha, what can I say.. I was just telling Lavin yesterday when I thought my slipper was going to snap, how sweet you were on a day my slipper did really snap.. Nobody but you would agree to leave your house, go to my house, collect a spare pair of shoes for me, take the train all the way down to Dhoby Gaut, right up to STansfield so that I can wear comfortable shoes back.. Nobody but you would still talk to me despite how I left you stranded helplessly with a huge grasshopper in your hair.. Nobody but you would feel my pain to an extent as to start crying with me at Burger King.. Nobody but you will end up acting like a total fool with me in Admiralty while on a mission to deliver summons.. Nobody but you would allow my little cousins to chase you around with a bat or demand that you braid their hair or threaten you about washing your hands.. Nobody but you will buy me a whole bag of hair cosmetics just because I mentioned that I thought 'Beer shampoo' was good.. Nobody but you will be so patient with all I do and have to say.. Nobody but you will take me to Thai Express for a treat, tell the waiter unnecessary information about how the Man-U collectibles in our bags were for our 'ex-boyfriends' and then aftre the meal, realise that you don't have cash and leave me standng there like an idiot while you go find an ATM.. Nobody but you will make my 'fish incident' such a huge affair in the whole coffe shop till they volunteer to sponsor my medical bills.. Nobody but you will agree to mop the shelter cuz we all complained it's dirty.. Nobody but you will plot idiotic moments with Sasi to make my day (think abandoning me at Bugis) .. Nobody but you will keep a pathetic drawing I did 2 years ago to make into a birthday card for me... Nobody but you will make me smile this way as I recount each and every incident together that has formed a pleasant memory in my mind.. You're the bestest friend, sister, confidante, nut case, girlfriend and everything else nice rolled up in one that anyone could find.. *muakz* HAPPY 22nd, baby!!!
P.S. You wanted cable car last year.. It was possible.. Hiking this year.... Erm.. Erm.. Let's not even go there.. I can imagine us walking for 3 mins and then hoping some vehicle would take us the rest of the way.. Let's not be too ambitious k? *winkz*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was really touching..really. Thanks a lot di. Honestly my birthday didn't feel complete without seeing you. So i really really hope to see you soon..to go hiking that is:-)
-Vasaantha

Anonymous said...

the hiking... now about that.. di y di? haiz