Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Thank You

The week is not starting good.. Haiz.. Everybody in the family seems to be falling sick with the strangest possible illnesses.. So weird.. And now, I'm feeling sick as well.. Throat hurts.. Aargh!! Hope it passes soon.. Got to study!

You know how it is when something happens that makes you realise how much people around you care about you and you learn to realise who are the ones who are really there? That moment that makes you feel really loved and cherished and special.. Well I think I've had that moment the last two days..

One phonecall I made after so long that lasted most to most about twenty minutes left me smiling long after that.. Darling, I'm so thankful for the way you don't mind putting yourself in awkward positions to protect me and make sure I will be okay.. I still haven't forgotten how you threw yourself in the line of fire to take care of me during dance prac. at the shelter or how you wiped my tears when I couldn't stop them from flowing under the block .. What you did for me that day was the sweetest thing anyone could have possibly done.. Muakz!

Then there are the two nutcases at home, who act all macho and stuff and pretend they have not a care in the world and nothing at all affects them, but end of the day, they actually sit down and discuss my life and consider my insecurities and have talks with my family on my behalf to ensure my well-being.. You two, although your both younger to me, I have always appreciated the way you're both always watching out for me and worrying about me..

And then there is a third nut case who sets the first two nut cases on track if he feels they are not observant enough to my emotions.. This nut case will disappear for ages and suddenly reappear one day, but in that one day realise all my emotions so well and activate the previous two nut cases and get them 'activated'. I really don't know how you always turn up when I'm needing someone the most or when I'm confused.. somehow or other, you always do.. And for that I'm thankful..

This next person is the most unpredictable.. he comes out of the blue, gathers all the updates to my life, understands my insecurities and worries, calls me consecutively the next few days to keep checking up on me, tells me to relax and calms my nerves.. Keeps telling me how I can do it and I'm worth more than I credit myself for and gets me smiling.. On top of all that he actually takes the effort to get to person no. 1 to explain my dilemma to her knowing that she could probably be someone who could make a difference in me.. Now, talk about sincerity.. I'm really touched by what you did.. When she told me you directed her attention to my blog entries, I was speechless that you actually remembered and cared so much.. Thanks for always sticking up for me and believeing in me..

And then there is the family.. Despite the scoldings and the nagging and the moments when they make me feel really insignificant and stuff, there are moments as well when you feel so glad you were a part of them.. These moments make up for any other bitter moments before.. And they have never failed at constantly making me feel so special and loved each time something comes up.. The way they all panic and get involved when I fall sick, the way they all get together when something good happens.. The preparations they all did for my 21st.. The way they all stood together to ensure it went well ( with the help of my friends, of cuz), the way they planned surprise parties, the way they all get excited when something new happens or changes occur, the way they attend functions and immediately formulate ideas for me.. The way the children come running and flinging their arms around you.. That alone is enough to make your day.. I'm glad to be here, to be a part of this.. I wouldn't have wanted it any other way.. I'm glad for the love, the affection and the concern.. I'm thankful for the support and the knowledge that no matter what, I can always depend on you guys..

These were the incidences of the last two days and the people who took me by surprise.. Of course the other darlings I couldn't do without have always played a part as well and have always been there to pick me up....You're not forgotten.. You guys know who u are.. *muakz*

Alright then.. Having a headache.. Will be back later.. Ciao!

No comments: