Wednesday, November 7, 2007

The End of Work

I have quit.Officially.Today was the last straw and I have hit the limit to my patience.Each time my Uncle kept asking me to extend my stay at his place, I kept quiet and kept thinking never mind.. But this time, nah.. No more.. When I started to see them push the really terrible undesirable work on me, the stuff that they were so reluctant to do, I lost it.. It wasn't about a crazy workload.. Workload wise Im patient.. I don't mind.. But this was ridiculous.. The minute they realised I was going to leave, they sat me down with a laptop and a huge pile of paperwork, which involved the use of skills that I definitely didn't possess since I do not have a financial background.. I could not for the world figure out the accounting terminology involved and I was lost.. I told her I don't understand yet she told me, she didn't expect me too cuz it was too complex but she wanted me to attempt and then I overheard the other lady tell her that once I complete this she will print out another stack of past years to complete before I go, otherwise they'd have to do it.. I was sooo mad!! I mean they have been pushing the dirty work to me all along but I kept quiet cuz I knew they had their hands full and couldn't cope, so I didn't mind doing things for them. Now, they are very much able to handle things and they are just pushing irrelevant stuff that they HAVE to complete which I'm not required to do .. They were very clearly taking advantage and I had it. I told them very nicely that I had toleave and I wasn't coming back and that I'd pop by next week or so to collect my cheque. I feel so liberated. I'd probably be the first to celebrate unemployment :)

After 3 long weeks, finally got to see Lavin yesterday and I insisted we make him cut his long overdue birthday cake. Something about him has changed, besides the looks.. He seems, different.. Army seems to have made him matuer alot more.. Yes, yes, I know it sounds ridiculous in two weeks, but it's true.. we all felt it.. Okay, for example, he tapped me on the shoulder before getting off the cart say thanks for getting him a cake and stuff.. And he told me to take care. TAKE CARE!! That is sooooo not Lavin.. Haha.. But he's sweet. My little brother is finally growing up :)

Anyway Happy Deepavali! It was all the more special thanks to one particular unexpected sms wish that I received in the evening. Really wasn't expecting that . Thank you. :) And another message from Mr. Thiru, our tamil teacher who was more of a father figure for us all.. I was really touched that he remembered all of us and thought of wishing us all at midnight. If we were still in school, I bet he would have called us to his place and prepared 'Thayiru Saadham' and 'Kesari' and lots of other dishes for us, just like he did after our show.. He was the best! Who would have thought a teacher would take the effort to pack 'idlis' and send it through someone for his students cuz he knew we were all at dance practise and would probably have chosen to skip our breakfast? Thank you, aasiriyar. :)

No comments: