Monday, November 5, 2007

Nostalgia

Today was pretty "eventful".. I dragged my extremely tired self to work this morning.. Couldn't open my eyes.. Somehow yesterday's dance class had tired me out.. I was just cursing my luck that I still had a week to go at work.. Somehow I woke up, took a shower, grabbed the first things out of the wardrobe and rushed down to take a cab cuz I didn't want to be really late since Jocelyn was due to return to work after her long maternity leave today.. I waved down a cab and guess what!! This uncle has been sending me to work so often in the mornings that he didnt even have questions about my destination.. He just drove me right to the office building without a word.. I felt pretty idiotic.. And then when I rush into the office I find that Layliang, the one I report to, was on leave.. So I had nothing to do.. I offered help to Jocelyn and she was lost herself and had absolutely nothing she could think of asking me to do.. So from 9am to 12.15pm, what do I do? Absolutely nothing, except stare at my fingers on my lap, cuz the computer Im at currently is sooo sooo slow that by the time I decide to log onto any site, it'd be time for me to go home.. That was soo depressing.. Finally I decided to leave the office at lunch and show my support for Neelu at her school Deepavali concert.. I made sure Jocelyn didnt need any help and I left for Yishun Primary, my alma mater..

I walked in and that feeling was just so.. nice... To see the hopscotch areas we used to play in... To see the foyer where we used to sit down and assemble at, with our fingers to our lips..To see the computer labs we used to get excited by...To see the hall where we performed, read books, assembled, had spotchecks for hair and nails, where Mrs DeSouza used to walk in and terrorize everybody... Everything came back... It was all such fond memories.. I walked to the school hall to see her perform and saw my old tamil teacher.. I have seen her around often and have come back to help them for SYF and stuff so she is used to seeing me around so it wasn't a surprise that she recognised me.. But, next to her I saw Miss Chew May.. My Primary Six form Teacher.. She taught me a whole decade ago.. When I was twelve... When I was tiny and noisy with two pigtails... When she turned I was so overwhelmed. I was so happy to see her.. I never saw her again since the last day of school.. And she looked at me, put her arm on me and said, "Rashmi right, how are you?" I was so shocked and I was sooo touched.. That feeling is just something I cannot describe.. It was so sweet.. That made my day.. And after the concert, we went to the canteen to grab a bite cuz I hadnt had my lunch and I couldn't stop smiling when I saw the old aunty at the Muslim stall, looking exactly the way she did ten years back.. I went there like I always used to and ordered the exact same dish that I used to back then.. I was a very happy girl today :)

Came home and had aunty and Neelu over the whole day.. Pretty nice considering how it's been pretty long since I got to spend time with them or lie down and watch TV on my aunt's lap.. Felt nice to just be around them all.. Oh yea, and not to mention their teasing and how the topic would somehow slant towards their plans for my wedding.. Oh well.. :)

Anyway, I'm into this whole phase of learning Mohiniattam suddenly.. I don't know if it's a genuine interest or a passing phase.. I want to wait it out and see cuz I think it's absolutely beautiful.. :) Haha.. K I think I'm getting ambitious.. :) Alright, I'm off for now..

'Looking in your eyes, tomorrow's all I see' *Those who understand the reason behind this, Shhhh!!!!!* :)

No comments: